Friday, January 22, 2010

A river without a course





I am water, that I know, as the course meanders,
So I do, I cannot resist, it is who I am.

I need answers!

Can a river be without water?
Can water be without a course?
Can a river have more than one course?

I want answers!

Can I be without him?
Can I sour without her?
Can I wed both my loves?

She represents what I want.
He is what I want.

I feel like a blind woman
About to date a sightless man
Does he feel the same?
Raging waters to a destination unknown!

My heart responds to his voice
Even though my eyes have not seen

My soul enchanted by his words
Even though my skin has not felt

My future holds him captive
My past filled with his visions

She features in my dreams too
In my future we shake hands and pay respect
In my present she is dominant
In my past she is vague

Why does it feel like I am falling for Maya Angelou?

She is not Maya Angelou, she who catches my fancy
But maybe she will be, when the rains come and go,
When winter meets spring on its way to summer,
When the children are born and all grown,
When seedlings yield crops,
When the sun sets

Am I lost?

Why can’t I tell where it hurts?
Is this pain or stifled glee?
Why can’t I explain the thrill?
Is this love or adulation?

What will it be?

Love or career?
My dilemma!
Him or her?
My quandary!

To win or to lose?

It’s a catch-22; I see no middle ground
It’s this or that; I feel no sense of balance
I want it all; mtaka yote hukosa yote
I’ll take both; mpanda farasi wawili hupasuka msamba

2 comments:

  1. stop writting my feelings under the guise of poetry!!!! its spooking me out!

    ReplyDelete