Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Halt! Hush! Hark!




Phone please, ring not, trill not,
Interrupt not my short break,
Nothing could be more important,
Madame hath to get her rest.

Boyfriend please, go away, stay away,
Care yes, from a distance,
Let me have this 3 days to myself,
Have you not things to do by thyself?
Be with the boys, glue self to the screen,
Handsomely I will reward, you, I give my word.

Girlfriend please, no shopping, no hen night,
This time I am enough company,
No ranting, just decompressing,
I know my way to the spa,
I can pick the colour of my nail polish,
Worry not,
Say hullo to Mary for me, drinks on me,
I'll hear all about it once I return.

You know not how to relax,
Thou hasn't learnt to catch thy breathe,
Run and run you run, have you no stop?
The things you chase, won't they come to you?
What you chase, always runs from you, they say.

Lie down my stubborn body and recuperate,
Rest oh big head, and catch a snooze,
Here, take this happy pill,
It'll calm your nerves, maybe knock you out,
A couple of hours, sleep hard,
Forget thy tribulations, find peace, reconcile.

Forget the drink, it will do you no good,
Never has, don't fight this, its true,
Make peace with self forgive your iniquities,
Embrace who you are, fight not your fate,
Make the best of what you possess,
Take not for granted those offering a hand,
Dream again, breathe afresh, walk anew,
Rebirth, second chance, new slab.

4 comments:

  1. you've captured beautifully that yearning for alone time. love it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweets. When did you last take time out? besides Mashujaa day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. :-) you got me there. It's been a loooong while...

    ReplyDelete
  4. gal, we miss you...I'm in need of some sublime poetry...if i don't get some now, I'll pull my hair out, now you don't want to be responsible for the dramatic balding of a gal's head now do you?

    ReplyDelete